Monday 19 August 2013

Christmas tree

I know, I know! I've been missing for a long time. I was busy enjoying the company of my eldest child home for a visit! :) It was just great to spend some time with her. 

Anyhow I've not been neglecting my crafting. I've been getting samples ready for a new launch for Crafters Companion. This time it's Father Christmas and the Snowman! I decided to try something a bit different. Ever had a great idea and regretted it? This is one of those! Lol
I thought a couple of pages of patterned paper and half an hour would have it sorted. NO! More like half a day and I lost count of the paper! I was also sticking to everything before I had finished. I used an EK success punch and patterned paper from the CD to create the layers of tree. They're attached, with collall glue gel, to a polystyrene cone base. Once I had (eventually) completed it I sprayed the whole thing, liberally with irridescent spray n sparkle then cut some bauble embellishments and added them on too. The star at the top is cut out of  Centura pearl card and attached to a cocktail stick which I've pushed down into the top. 

Hope you like my wee tree. I'm happy with it and glad I persevered with it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Fab project Joy. You really shine at 3D work. It was worth all the time and effort. x :)

    ReplyDelete