Sunday, 12 August 2012

Butterflies again!

The Craft Stamper magazine came with a free butterfly stamp this time. Needless to say they flew off the shelves and I just had to get the distress inks out,....AGAIN! Lol.
In this card I used a tim Holtz technique where you stamp with archival ink into the debossed side of an embossing folder before passing it through an embossing machine. (It is important to remember to clean the folder immediately with a stamp cleaning solution otherwise it will stain!!!!) This then gives the impression of the script, in this case, running behind the raised areas. This was a French script so I didn't worry that it came out back to front, although you can get "reflections" stamps which leave the stamped image the right way round. I haven't invested in those...., yet.
The background was coloured with distress inks, butterflies stamped then made to pop out by using the same colours of ink with a water brush to tint the wings and make them pop. The edges have a light tinting of black soot distress ink before being mounted onto black then the white card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment