Sunday 12 August 2012

Stamping with bubble wrap.

That's right bubble wrap!


This is what happens when you are struggling for inspiration. Sometimes it comes from the strangest places. Cue catching sight of a bundle of bubble wrap. Ok I know your first instinct is to start popping, but this time I went 'I wonder?' and the background for this card was born, lol!
Out came the trusty distress inks and a very satisfying while experimenting with how to get the stamped bubbles just right. Putting the ink straight on there and pressing the card straight on gave a very mixed colour background, not suitable for this project. Try again stamping each colour individually with loose wrap, better but still the colours are too strong. How to control it? Well I ended up cutting pieces of bubble wrap and securing them with elastic bands around the reels left when ribbon runs out. No I don't throw anything out!! Lol. I WILL find a use for it..., some day!!! I could now control exactly where the colour went and if some were too strong then I could stamp them off onto a scrap piece and use the 2nd generation colour. Sorted! The stamp is another Papermania urban stamp! The edges of the card were distressed with a blade, carefully, then inked with a couple of the main colours and finally black soot. The bottom edge of the red mat layer is punched with one of the new crafty edger cartridges, also called butterflies, and embellished with some self adhesive pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment