Monday, 3 June 2013

Tri-shutter card

I've been playing with Beatrix Potter images again and I just love how this turned out. I had the idea for the card and knew which images I was going to use but when it came to filling up the "blank" areas around them I had no plan. Then I remembered the little mini embossing folders I'd bought (small borders-nature) and they just fitted perfectly! I used core'dinations and sanded the raised design to make it stand out.
On the long sides I had a panic because I hadn't checked before I started and had no more of the green card stock so I chose a dark brown,which is not showing up too well in the photo, but I topped it with the red embossed with the floral vine. I managed to get a few little butterflies out of the green scraps and added tiny gems to the bodies.
This was my first attempt at making a tri-shutter card and I'm pretty chuffed with how it's come out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment