Saturday 10 March 2012

Butterfly surprise


Yet more butterflies. I think most people like them. I discovered by accident that I must be quite fond of them when I started to realise how many butterfly images I actually own in one form or another. Again the idea was found on you tube but oh my goodness, I threw soooo many pieces of paper in the scrap box for nursery. I just couldn't get it to work. Mind you I was trying to simplify the design and change the dimensions too. Not recommended!! When I stuck to the instructions it worked but I was then able to simplify it a bit and take out some of the fiddly measuring. The tutorial is called 'surprise box card' on you tube and provided by www.frenchiestamps.com. The paper I've used is fancy pants design " rusted sun'sunny'." The butterfly is one of the first I ever bought for my cuttlebug and is a set of cutting and embossing folders. We applied the ink (spiced marmalade distress ink) directly onto the embossing folder and this was then transferred to the cut out shape as it was embossed. We used a punch from EK success for the borders and another for the tag the butterfly is on. It was punched once from ivory and twice from orange card then both orange ones were cut in half, one lengthways the other across the short way. The lengthways pieces were trimmed a little and then attached above and below the ivory topper. The short ends were then matched up to make it look as if the orange is a whole piece slightly bigger than the original. Hope this isn't too confusing. If you get stuck let me know and I'll try and take a few photos of the process! The little tags can be included as a gift and were punched with a clippy punch I've had but hardly used.

No comments:

Post a Comment