Wednesday 6 February 2013

Altered "canvas"


Ok. So this I just had to get out of my system. I've been itching to try an altered canvas for a while now and went for it last night and today. It's a pity the photo has hardly picked up the purple at all. There is some on the gauze and lots more on the frame. 

Of course there is a secret to this "canvas".   It's not actually a canvas at all but a 7" pizza box built inside out and with some layers of kitchen roll applied with slightly watered down pva glue to give the canvas texture! The dragonflies and gems came from a necklace I found in a charity shop ages ago and knew I would be able to use sometime, somehow. I've looped some of the chain they were on, with a few more beads, through the ready made holes intended to stop the pizza from sweating! Maybe I will try and get a better photo to show the colour and shimmers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy. Your canvas is brilliant love the colours. glad your back. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete