Sunday 24 February 2013

My favourite Christmas card of this year.


This has to be one of my all time favourite cards ever. I saw something similar on Pinterest and adapted it to suit my supplies. The background was embossed, then coloured with distress inks. We wrapped the ribbon around this piece and mounted it onto a chocolate mat before attaching it to the base card. The next piece was the weathered clock which we cut from the same chocolate card as the mat. The Father Christmas image is from Stampendous and was stamped with brushed corduroy ink and the edges tinted to add to the vintage feel. The Christmas tree was cut from scraps of paper from a previous project. I love the subtle mellowness of the card and managed to keep myself from adding gems or glitter! Sometimes it is unnecessary to do lots of colouring in of stamps for them to be eye catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment