Thursday 21 February 2013

Frilly petticoat.


Hmmm, this card with a tag shows how different something can look depending on the colours used. The card on the right was my first and things weren't working out. I was in a bit of a down mood and I think it shows with the dark colours which I hadn't been really conscious of choosing. The one on the left was next day in class when I was a bit brighter in spirit! The petticoat refers to the lacy trim along the bottom edge, created with a tonic punch. I dunno why it made me think of petticoats but it did! We stamped the butterflies on the tag then again on scrap paper and cut those out to use as masks. Once masked we stamped the writing and used white embossing powder to make it stand out. The final stage was to go mad with distress inks and create the background before buffing the embossed areas. The base card was stamped with the same script  and the gaps filled in with the butterflies. The edges were distressed with brushed corduroy. We punched 2 holes in the tags and secured them together with a  piece of organza ribbon before attaching it to the decorated base.

No comments:

Post a Comment