Monday 9 January 2012

Hi to all my blog friends. I am sooo glad to be back. I have been without phone or internet since just after my last entry so it was great to see the engineer out to repair the fault. I have lots to share with you so here goes:-
This is a very quick and simple card I taught at Cleo Crafts last week. As you can see the front section is actually cut down from the top and folded forward before the green core-dinations card (which was punched using the Woodware crafty edgers slotted ribbon punch) is attached. This was then threaded with a narrow piece of checked paper...Doodlebug design 2385-square dance. The top section is a piece of American crafts Romance -Love spell with the plain side facing which I tinted around the edges with worn lipstick distress ink. Underneath the flap, before it was secured down, I put a piece of Echo Park Victoria Gardens-Rose Garden VG17002. An Anita's silver "elegant thank you" peel off and some gems from the local pound shop complete this card.




This was the 2nd card from class and uses tea-bag folding .The background paper is Doodlebug Design 2140 Nature Walk and the remaining supplies are just plain card and a lovely pearlised gold paper. I decided to complete the card with a little bit of punching  and added some detail on an insert this time. Everyone seemed to have great fun making this card.



Now these were just  me having a bit of a play. I saw the idea in Craft Stamper magazine and immediately knew I wanted to use this stamp, from Stampin-up, which I've had for such a long time and has hardly ever had an airing. The card on the right is the original version but then I wanted to do it again a different colour  and went to town with Cosmic shimmers misters. I intended to mask off around the flower and add my pearlescent effect but in the excitement didn't realise that I had a little section on the top right uncovered too. Anyway I actually quite like it now!! Happy accident! lol. On the third card (below) I decided to highlight the bloom a little more and added some colour to the leaves. I could play with this idea for ages changing colour and effects but I really like all of them so far. ;)


Finally for now I took inspiration from Heather at Doodlecraft and made a little wall plaque which I am going to give to a friend I haven't seen for a while. The sentiment (borrowed from same Heather) is not too clear but says "In the cookies of life friends are the chocolate chips"


I have lots more to upload but my photography needs to improve. I keep getting badly blurred images which no-one would want to see! I'm away to try again. Back soon, X.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, you have been busy! Lovely cards - great to see you have a blog now :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. All the positive comments help to keep me creating and trying new techniques.

      Delete