Friday 20 January 2012

Jack's cabinet


Last one for today!

Since mum was so pleased with her cabinet and it's so difficult to know what to get him, I decided to do a cabinet with a masculine feel for my favourite "old" gentleman, my step- dad, Jack. He has a large collection of cuff links so I thought it would be ideal for those. Jack loves trains, having been brought up as a station masters son, so I was able to include a couple on the drawers. He had also worked at the shipyard so the little Cunard accents suited too. I got the papers in Crafters and Co. I think they are Basic Grey but can't be sure.(they are actually Graphic 45 papers)I thought covering all the drawer fronts with pattern was going to be too much so painted some using the same basic colours as the cabinet itself. It was a well received Christmas gift.

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Joy! I love those cabinets they're so useful. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy, those are actually graphic 45 papers, the cabinet came out really nicely - good job!

    ReplyDelete