Friday 13 April 2012

Butterflies and flowers

I finally got caught up. These are the cards we made in class this week!!! Hurray!! And even better next weeks are all prepared and ready! Wow I can hardly believe it!! It's unheard of! I'm usually finishing up on a Monday evening for the next day, lol.

This first card is my take on an idea from Papercraft Inspirations magazine. A bit butterfly mad but a good lesson in using pva glue sparingly.


This second card is also magazine inspired, this time Craft Stamper! Instead of masking as they had done we created a distressed background then stamped the image 5 times with archival ink. These were then cut out and layered up. the music was stamped with tea dye ink to give a subtle background.


I always think the blended distress inks seem to glow with colour. I loved this card even before I had it finished and the ladies seemed to like it too!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, Your cards are lovely, this butterfly one is beautiful, your blog is amazing and the background flowers wallpaper is very pretty.

    Thank you for stopping in at my blog and the lovely comment you left, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy - found you on The Outlawz and am now your newest Follower. Lovely cards that you did. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy! Came here from Outlawz...glad to meet you! I'm your newest follower, and would love for you to follow my blog as well! You can find me at cherisheachpreciousday dot blogspot dot com Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy, so glad you found my blog and stopped by and visited.You have a very lovely blog here.. Im sure I'll be back to visit again soon. Your cards are just beautiful.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Joy!!! Thanks for joining my blog! I am now a follower of yours!! Your cards are lovely!! Love that beautiful image of flowers!!
    Cheers!
    Guylou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your classes and cards encourage me to use my stamps and Tim Holtz distress inks

    ReplyDelete