These are the cards we made in class last week. I've got some samples I made for the show to upload later too. I really hadn't time to put them on sooner. What a busy few days, but great fun too.
On to the fairies! I just love how the background colours glow through behind the silhouettes. We rubbed different coloured distress inks onto an embossing folder, spritzed it with water then laid the pearlised paper on top and pressed it down with our hands. This means the design remains and the whole piece is flat. It does try to curl up quite a lot but will flatten as it dries. The hero arts image was stamped on using archival ink once the background had dried. The edges were very gently tinted with black soot distress ink. Due to the nature of the pearlised paper it takes very little to do the job!! The black pearls finish it off. I don't know why but when I had the sample made I decided I wanted to tatter the edges.
This card uses the same stamp we used last time but we used chalk inks to ink it up. I went back to a favourite design, the waterfall card. I honestly thought the ladies would have done this before but it turns out they hadn't and were really pleased. The background is a blended spritz and flick technique from Tim Holtz.We also made a tassel for the end by knotting and fraying grosgrain ribbon.