Wednesday 25 April 2012

Telescopic Molly.

What fun we had this week! I had a look on the Molly Blooms blogspot and saw this design idea although I didn't use as many layers. I love these images and how the card folds up.

This one used the technique 'faux patina' from split coast stampers. We started with wild honey on the embossing folder then built up the colour with chipped sapphire, crushed olive and finally rusty hinge. While the inks were still damp we sprinkled on the gold embossing powder and if it was too heavy in places rubbed it off before heating. I love the aged metal effect which results. The background is a Woodware stamp called grasses. We used wild honey and scattered straw distress inks.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your wall haning Joy! The colours are great and your second card is fab too.I haven't tried that technique. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed making both cards, love them

    ReplyDelete