Friday, 13 April 2012

Tea and "pop"

Well Woodware stamps are really ticking my boxes at the moment. This tea pot is another from them and at first I thought it seemed very long and kinda out of proportion. I had been surfing the net for ideas and saw the "outside the frame" tutorial on you tube. This x-cut die seemed to balance out the design nicely. Also for the first time in ages I was happy with the first colours I chose. I remembered I had the cherry blossom stamp, used in the background, in an oriental set from Papermania which ties in really well too.

The "pop" part of the title refers to the bottle cap used in the centre of my flower in this design. I got the card idea from and it has been hanging around for some time but I couldn't work out how to get the 'bite' out of the card. I had been trying to use the tattered florals die but having no success. Brainwave, I used the daisy die again this week. The centre of the popped bottle cap is 1" in diameter so it was easy to punch the patterned piece. we used the budding vine folder from craft concepts to emboss and fired brick distress into highlight the design. The wing from the stampin up build a bird punch was used as leaves.

1 comment:

  1. Cuttlebug, distress inks, and fab stamps. Brilliant ideas - fantastic cards.