Wednesday 15 May 2013

Altered Birdhouse

Well I've found it very difficult not to let this slip out before now! There is a new cd coming up from Crafters Companion, on Monday, using the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady images and I decided I would like to use them in a completely different way. I've had this birdhouse waiting to be altered for absolute ages and I thought it suited the theme very well. I must also say a big thanks to my friend, Heather Stewart, for the original idea, especially for the tiles on the roof. It is so tactile that you just want to stand and stroke it. 
I used papers from the design sets nap the companion papers as well as some bonus papers as well, the edging down the corners is a border and I used Centura pearl card for the fence and the 'hole'. There was a proper wee hole but it was off centre and the heart piece was sitting off square so the OCD in me couldn't cope! I had to fix it. I trimmed the roof with a little lace from my stash and some sparkle and fluff from the Hunkydory kit. The other embellishments are from that kit too. I love how the little daisy dangles from the eaves. I also cut out some of the tiny butterflies and added them to the sides and front with 3D glue gel for added dimension. 

Well I hope you like it, OH and come back later because its got a SECRET!!!

2 comments:

  1. a fab project, so very pretty! I love it! x
    pst! what's the secret .... go on ... just tell me, I won't tell anyone - promise! ;)

    ReplyDelete