Tuesday evening saw the second class of the day and whilst most of the "students" were newbies I also had some who had been to the morning session so two more cards were called for. The first was a revisit to a technique I had previously used but this time I made sure it would fit in the envelope. Thankfully no-one had made this one previously. The paper used is a Prima one called "Sweet fairy Collection". Instead of the rose which I had used last time I chose a beautiful Marianne Creatables butterfly. By the way, if anyone struggles to remove these from the die, as I did at first, try rubbing it with hard soap before cutting. The die cut shape will then just pop out for you. No more poking, tearing and muttering under your breath!! Lol. We added a few ivory pearls as embellishment to the butterfly body.
The next card uses the Papermania "Moments of Faith" stamp set. Out came 'Elegant Edges' again and I had prepared the shape, frame and shadow for the stamped image beforehand. The card is 5.5" wide and 6.5" long, but scored 4.5" from one end to leave space for the gate fold band at the bottom. This was made using the off-cut from the side of the card and has been wrapped along the back and around the sides. I had marked centre points on both the card and the strip so that i got it even. It overlapped in the middle a little but I trimmed the legs back? Pink bazzil card was punched along both edges, although you can't see it in the photo, and attached together with a strip of narrow green paper and some iridescent ribbon along this gate folded piece to decorate it. Once the stamped image had been coloured, using pro markers, we layered it up with the shadow, and frame then attached it to the card base. The top area had been covered with Prima 'Sweet Fairy Collection' paper earlier. One of the EK Success layered butterflies added to the edge of the frame is the finishing touch. To tie it in with the gate folded section we cut one of the layers in pink and put a little Glamour Dust down the body and along the edges of the wings using a Quickie glue pen.