Thursday 12 September 2013

Exploding box.

Well I've done the exploding bag so I thought I'd better give the exploding box an outing too! This is from the exploding box section of the Christmas Makey Bakey Mice CD, (surprise, surprise), printed onto watercolour card to give strenght and texture. This time I left the outside box sides plain so that the embellishment would stand out and the images wouldn't be compromised. 
I added some haberdashery trim I picked up in a sale some time ago and used collall glue gel to attach it. Hot glue would probably have been easier but, of course, I didn't think of it at the time! I added a border punched with a tonic punch to neaten up the edge and added a die cut poinsettia accented with gold stickles. 
I've just kept the inside plain and stuck the mat intended for the top onto the inside of the box lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment