Sunday 15 September 2013

Patchwork squares

I love patchwork and have even been known to complete some, quite a few years ago now. I do believe there may even be one or maybe two projects not quite finished. Anyway, I decided to use a patchwork idea in the creation of this card.
I punched  tiny squares from one of the hunkydory borders and some gold Mirri card. I also punched some slightly larger scalloped circles from one of the patterned insert papers. The squares are glued into the circles (the circles are pattern side down at this stage) and the edges of the circles creased around the square, so the pattern side now shows. The edges don't get stuck down so it gives the card some texture and added interest. Next I carefully laid all the squares out on a layer of gold Mirri card so I could get them centred as well as possible. The tricky part is gluing them down into place, but I think it's worth the effort! Some more layers of patterned paper and Mirri card with the addition of tiny gold Mirri dots (the little waste dot from my tonic star die, lol) complete my topper. I put the whole thing onto some Centura pearl card and added some of the remaining border and a topper greeting. The card is A5 in size and it just goes to show how little it can take to make a cute card sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment